Group Admins

• Profile picture of Darren

Tennis

Public Group active 1 month ago

For those who follow pro tennis, ATP and WTA.

US Open Tennis

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of My Tipsters My Tipsters 4 years, 9 months ago.

US Open Tennis

• Profile photo of Darren

The US Open gets underway later today from 4pm on Sky and you can also watch the action live on the Bet365 web site.

2 weeks of Grand Slam action into the small hours, great for night owls like me. 😀

Profile photo of Darren

Reigning champion Andy Murray is out to claim his second consecutive Grand Slam but he’ll have to be at his best as world number one Novak Djokovic looks to avenge last year’s final defeat.

In the Women’s draw, title holder Serena Williams will face tough competition from 2012 runner-up Victoria Azarenka.

Profile photo of My Tipsters

Bet365 will be streaming 6 courts from this year’s US Open!

The tournament runs from the 26th August to 9th September and is one of the biggest tennis events in the calendar as defending singles champions Andy Murray and Serena Williams set out to defend their titles.

Restrictions – Available to Europe and Asia.

Defending champion Andy Murray will be cursing his loss in the Cincinnati quarter final last week as the upset reduced his world ranking to No.3 on the ATP ladder. Because of this, it is probable that Murray will need to beat both Rafael Nadal and current favourite Novak Djokovic if he is to retain his crown of US Open champion.

Nadal has actually won 10 straight matches and 2 titles on hard courts since his abysmal first-round exit at Wimbledon and this all hints at a very exciting tournament. Murray has not faced Nadal since early 2012 although the Wimbledon title holder has certainly shown that he has the ability to beat both Federer and Djokovic in recent tournaments.

The amazing Rodger Federer will too be taking part and due to his sheer quality and love for the sport, the Swiss expert will surely deliver some great performances despite his reduced No. 7 ranking. He’s certainly nearing the later stages of his career but what a career it’s been, so he’s also one to look out for in this year’s US Open.

Notable Matches:

Every day – US OPEN – 6 courts

Profile photo of My Tipsters

Stanislav Wawrinka is coming of age this tournament.

He has a 2-1 set lead against World no.1 Novak Djokovic in the semi-final! Can he do it?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.