Group Admins

Golf

Public Group active 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Golf betting tips and strategies

Who can conquer Pinehurst Number 2?

Who can conquer Pinehurst Number 2?

• Fascinating week at Pinehurst Number 2 at the 114th U.S. Open as the course changes and the weather are just so difficult to read. Personally I think the course is so difficult that this won’t be a Congressional even if there is plenty of rain. Most of the focus has been on the renovations including the additional 400 yards of potential yardage, but one thing remains unchanged from previous 1999 and 2005 renewals.

The greens are nigh on impossible to approach and hold. The course is playing firm and fast and some rain will soften the greens for short periods of time, but it’s fascinating to understand that Stewart and Campbell won with sub 60% Greens in Regulation numbers.

It’s also imperative to understand that if there is considerable amounts of rain through Thursday to Saturday the USGA via Mike Davis will be quite content to move some tees forward to keep the course as fair as possible.

For me the rare mix of an exceptional long approach game in tandem with a sharp short game will be the key this week. Those that can land the ball softly from a height will have a distinct advantage as will those that can bump and run from spots forward of the green.

I can’t speak for his mental fortitude but Sergio Garcia has a great shot this week at virtually double the price he was at for Augusta. Martin Kaymer is also another popular pick amongst the tipping fraternity, but for me Jordan Spieth, Webb Simpson and Jonas Blixt are ‘must backs’ as their superb shot games will keep them very much in the tournament.

Steve Bamford
    Golf Betting System
    http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.