Group Admins

• Profile picture of Administrator

Golf

Public Group active 5 months, 1 week ago

Golf betting tips and strategies

US PGA Championship

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Administrator Administrator 4 years, 3 months ago.

US PGA Championship

• Profile photo of Ian Hudson

Good morning members,

I will posting my thoughts and tips for golf tournaments on the US PGA and European Tours and major tournaments for the Champions and Seniors Tours. We begin this week with the final major of the season, the US PGA Championship. The majority of bookmakers are offering six places but Betfred are going 7 places.

I suggest a bank of 400 points and members can set their stakes according to their financial means. Every week I will be highlighting my thoughts on the best bets in the outright and 72 hole match bet markets.

My first selection for the PGA Championship is Henrik Stenson who can be backed at 22/1 with Betfred. Stenson has been placed this season in a major and WGC event. His skill’s profile makes him a good fit for Oak Hill and he can convert some placed efforts by winning his first major.

Brand Snedeker is another player who has the form to take his career to a new level by winning a major. He is now at a career high of number 7 in the world rankings and on current form and key attributes Sneds is my second outright selection.

Jordan Speith is still a teenager but has already won on the PGA Tour. Winning at this level maybe beyond him (no teenager has won a professional major) but a top 10 finish is well within his capabilities.

Phil Mickelson has the skills and form to beat Adam Scott over 72 holes while Snedeker has enough in his favour to outscore Lee Westwood over four rounds. Stenson has the better credentials than Keegan Bradley and Zach Johnson is playing well enough to beat the out of form Luke Donald. Richard Sterne could figure at a big price but in any case is tipped to beat Harris English in this match-up over 72 holes.

Selections:

Outright:

1 point each way Henrik Stenson at 22/1 with Betfred (Top 7).
    1 point each way Brandt Snedeker at 25/1 with Betfred (Top 7).

Top 10:

2 points Jordan Speith at 11/1 with Bet Victor.

72 Hole matchbets:

3 points Phil Mickelson to beat Adam Scott at evens with Stan James.
    3 points Brandt Snedeker to beat Lee Westwood at 5/6 with Bet365.
    3 points Henrik Stenson to beat Keegan Bradley at 5/6 with Stan James.
    3 points Zach Johnson to beat Luke Donald at 21/20 with Bet365.
    3 points Richard Sterne to beat Harris English at 10/11 with Bet365.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Darren Darren.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Darren Darren.
    Profile photo of Darren

Great post Ian, good luck!

You can compare all the latest betting odds on the US PGA Golf here

http://odds.betfinder.co.uk/golf/us-pga-championship/

Profile photo of Darren

Oak Hill Country Club’s East Course in Rochester, New York, will host this year’s US PGA Championship – a 7,134-yard par-70 layout characterised by narrow fairways, brutal rough and thousands of oak trees.

Tiger Woods has forced his way back to the summit of the world game and if he can figure out how to keep the driver in play and putt like he did at the Players, he’ll have a great chance. Phil Mickelson will also look to be in contention after his fantastic win at The Open last month.

Bet Internet have the following special…

5 Majors Tiger? Well not yet, but if you stake a £10 or above on this weekend’s US PGA Championship 2013 and Tiger Woods wins then Bet Internet will give you a £15 free bet.

See site for full terms and conditions.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Darren Darren.
    Profile photo of Administrator

How did you get on Ian? I know Henrik Stenson was up there on the final day

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.